Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Marc Canter is a genius -- the "Digital Lifestyle Aggregator"

This is one of those off-the-top-of-the-head posts that would be oh so much better if I polished it and edited it and moderated the tone a bit. But I am really, really geeked out at finding Marc Canter's 10-month-old post on "Digital Lifestyle Aggregators" which is near enough to a spittin' image of what I have been working on for the last year, knowing nothing of this essay. We call our version the Extended Conversation, and since we're coming in from a telco tack, we are spending a lot of time thinking about voice and phones as a crucial component of this -- something that I think the largely web-based thinking of the U.S. folks may have missed. Or, I could just be a prisoner of the installed base of my client -- as Marc says, "...Based upon what assets, IP, market position, resources and existing technology base – each DLA customer will have their own unique set of requirements and implementation details..."

So true.

Marc says he works for Tribe.net, though he also says he hopes they fire him. Is this what Tribe is doing? Not that I was aware of... will find out.

Updated: Mark runs Broadband Mechanics, which is a technology provider to Tribe.net among [apparently] many other firms.

All credit due to the links that led me there:

"Thoughts on the Digital Lifestyle Aggregator"

"From blog to DLA" (tb)

No comments: