By the time you read this, Zvents 2.0 should be up and running.
Right now, hitting our site gives you this message, a portent of good things to come:
What's new and improved about this version of Zvents?
* Improved search relevance -- when you've got thousands of events in a metro area, relevance becomes a key to happy users. Our results are materially better than before, and we're committed to continuous improvement for relevance.
* Category navigation - refine or browse to events by category, reducing time and effort to find what you're looking for.
* Embeddable calendars are now CSSable version 2, vastly improved - a live example of a 1.5 version is Visit Marin.
* Much faster, lighter code -- less than 1/2 the size -- means faster response times.
* Improved navigation and look and feel
You'll also notice that we've got less features, not more -- we're running against the "features are king" silliness of Web 2.0 here, but we think that great design means focusing on what matters most.
Coming in the next 30 days - major customer announcements, plus bonus fun stuff!